Kiddos

Kiddos
July 2011 in Denver

Frozen Moments

Sunday, June 27, 2010

A Relaxing Sunday

We finally made it up to the mountains!  Last weekend we drove the Alpine loop which is a must see every year.  It was SO BEAUTIFUL that we made plans on our way back home for the following weekend to go up Hobble Creek Canyon for dinner.  So we gathered a bunch of family together, packed up TONS of food and went up!
After Barry cooked our tin foil dinners we started the traditional "roasting of the marshmallows."  Koen LOVED roasting and eating them as well.  Kael just roasted and then went on to find rocks and logs to jump off of.
Reed, Raquel and Baby Jace joined in our adventurous dinner.
Kael INSISTED on wearing his moon boots.  Even after explaining that sneakers might be better, he disagreed and proudly wore his moon boots.
Dad and Kael snuggling by the fire.
This is his "Magnum" look.  It's mostly for catalog work....
Koen lately has loved making faces at the camera whenever one is pointed at him.  At least he's looking and not shying away or scowling.  Makes for some funny pictures to look back at.
Quick family shot.
As the fire was dying down everyone was getting creative on what they wanted to see burn.  Reed is roasting a gummy alien......yeah, I don't know.  It looked cool for a while  :)
We brought little people camping chairs but our boys only wanted to sit in the big kid camping chairs.
I only took my camera out for a couple minutes and I wish I got more shots of everyone but only turns out I took a few.  But at least I got Kyrsten and Mike!  Love you guys!  We'll have many more mountain adventures this summer together!

Our Wedding Week in Maui